“Writing Our Rights” Children’s Workbook Introduces Young Girls to Female Political Trailblazers Through Writing Exercises
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (April 24, 2017)– IGNITE releases “Writing Our Rights” (www.writingourrights.com), a handwriting workbook for young girls that introduces them to female political pioneers while they practice their handwriting skills.
The workbook uses the words of 10 iconic women: Susan B. Anthony, Condoleezza Rice, Sandra Day O'Connor, Nikki Haley, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Shirley Chisholm, Catherine Cortez Masto, Nancy Pelosi, Tammy Duckworth and Hillary Clinton to teach girls more than just how to write. It helps girls realize their potential and inspires them to become the next generation of political leaders.
[WATCH VIDEO] "Writing Our Rights"
“We believe that introduction to leadership at a young age is as a fundamental as learning to write,” said Anne Moses, Founder & President of IGNITE National. “We hope that these words from 10 of the most iconic female politicians in American history will teach girls that they are powerful and capable of becoming political leaders someday too.”
Each writing practice contains quotes and excerpts from dozens of powerful speeches. If a leader resonates, perforated pages allow it to be torn out and used as a poster. When a girl reaches the end of the book, she’ll find a place to write her own inspirational words. IGNITE believes that when girls are writing their rights, they’re writing their future.
Donors who make a gift of $50 or more to this campaign will receive a copy of the limited edition 11" X 14" professionally bound “Writing Our Rights” workbook, as a special thank you for supporting IGNITE’s efforts to empower the next generation of women to step into political power. However, the book is available for all to download for free at www.writingourrights.com.
The workbook was concepted and designed by IGNITE’s creative partner Pereira & O'Dell.
"Writing is an act of ownership. When these very young women copy these inspiring words with their own hands, they are making it theirs," said PJ Pereira, Chief Creative Officer and Co-Founder of Pereira & O’Dell.
To learn more and receive and/or download a FREE copy, go to: http://www.writingourrights.com
- GOLD: Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity: Publications and Editorial Design 2017
- Bronze: Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity: Design for Nonprofit-Brand Identity 2017
- Bronze: Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity: Product Design 2017
- Creativity: Editor's Pick 2017
- GOLD - ADWEEK Project Issac Award: "Editorial Invention" 2017
- BRONZE - Clio Awards: "Public Service" 2017
- Wooden Pencil - D&AD Impact Awards - Civic Engagement 2017
- [HuffPo Parents] This Children’s Workbook Teaches Girls About Iconic Women In Politics
- [Creativity] This Workbook Empowers Girls on the Sly by Letting Them Copy Inspirational Women's Quotes
- [A Plus] This Workbook Empowers Girls By Teaching Them About Iconic Women In Politics
- [Disney’s Babble] This New Handwriting Workbook Teaches Girls About Iconic Women Throughout History
- [Creative Pool] Young Girls Introduced to Female Political Pioneers Through Handwriting Workbook
- [Communication Arts] Workbook furthers a nonpartisan national movement, helps girls write their rights.
- [Forbes] Let's Talk About Why 'Girl' Is A Mindset On International Day Of The Girl
"It doesn't matter where you came from. It matters where you are going."
"Writing Our Rights" workbook pages
Declare Your Ambition
Susan B. Anthony