Pereira & O’Dell has introduced for Skype three short stories for its “Stay Together” campaign that focus on family and friends keeping in touch over long distances. Their accounts are wildly different, heartfelt approaches to living apart from loved ones.
The first of the series, “The Impossible Family Portrait,” tells the story of Denis who is separated from his home in Uganda but keeps in touch with his family and adopted son over Skype. “The Animal Family Portrait” is a unique story of a zookeeper whose work visa had run out in Australia who visits with her animal friends at the wildlife park via Skype. Starting today, “The Growing Up Family Portrait” introduces 10-year-old Julia, who keeps up with her 12-year-old cousin in Brazil and shows just how delicate staying together can be at that age to avoid growing apart.
For each story, Singaporean photographer and visual artist John Clang captures these family portraits with a photograph where everyone is able to pose shoulder-to-shoulder…or hand-to-paw, or ballet slipper-to-sneaker, through a Skype projection on the wall. The result is a uniquely special family portrait that joins loved ones in the real and digital worlds.
A campaign blog hosts additional content, as well as a contest where people can share and vote on real stories of how they use Skype to stay in communication with faraway family and friends. A Bing interactive map also allows users to explore stories and view friends and family in faraway locations.
The fourth story of the series, titled “The Born Friends Family Portrait,” comes from an online call for real stories at skype.com/staytogether that asked people to share their stories of how they stay together with Skype. The most remarkable was that of Sarah from Nappanee, Indiana, about her unique friendship with Paige from Auckland, New Zealand.
- Cannes Lions - Commercial Public Services - Silver 2014
- Cannes Lions - Cyber, Webisodes - Silver 2014
- Cannes Lions - Cyber, Storytelling - Bronze 2013
- Cannes Lions - Branded Content - Bronze 2014
- Cannes Lions - Cyber, Curation of Images - Bronze 2014
- AICP Next Award for Product Integration 2014
- One Show Branded Entertainment - GOLD 2014
- One Show Branded Entertainment – BRONZE 2014
- One Show Interactive - BRONZE 2014
- ADDY Awards, GOLD 2014
- Creative Media Awards, GOLD 2014
- Clio - Bronze - Branded Content 2014
- Skype Brings Together Far-Away Families to Create Unique Portraits
- TIME Magazine: Top 10 Commercials of 2013
- Skype Bridges the Gap Between The Virtual And The Real With "Stay Together" Campaign
The Born Friends Family Portrait
Growing Up Family Portrait
Animal Family Portrait